Responsible for providing fully proficient administrative and secretarial support to one or more managers/professionals. Under general direction, coordinate departmental projects/processes, compiles basic correspondence and reports in support of a functional area. Tasks are based on related standard procedures and instructions are readily available.
1. Assist GM and other members of the management team with a variety of administrative requests - reports, scheduling of conference rooms, plan business meals and small projects.
2. Fully proficient and skilled in all clerical tasks. May handle some receptionist responsibilities i.e. screen phone calls, greet visitors and distribute incoming mail/correspondence.
3. Review outgoing material and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with department's procedures, assures that proper clearances have been obtain, when needed.
4. Determine from a variety of requests, which should be handled by the supervisor, appropriate staff members or other departments
5. Obtain information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on department programs or reports.
* High school Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 1 year experience
* Knowledge of the operation of department equipment such as PC, computer software, calculators, etc.
* Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
* Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to understand and apply addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
* Good understanding and application of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar
* Basic knowledge of the company structure and policies/procedures
* Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and the ability to manage personal information
* Must be able to present themselves in a professional manner
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.