Johnson & Johnson Innovation is recruiting an Office Leader of Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS @ NYC. The goal of Johnson & Johnson Innovation is to advance transformative healthcare solutions that improve the lives of people around the world and, in so doing, to deliver value to Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”). JJI accomplishes this by catalyzing new science and technology through collaboration and exchange of ideas. This growing team is looking for a colleague inspired to help build and innovate new ways of fostering a productive life-science ecosystem.
JLABS (“JLABS”) is the external R&D engine of Johnson & Johnson, catalyzing a community of entrepreneurs in health, operating a network of life science incubators focusing and accelerating emerging through its development, and supporting the portfolio to successful partnering and funding.
- The Office Leader coordinates office operations and is responsible for promoting and managing organizational effectiveness in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. This key support role for the organization’s mission includes implementation of operating systems, processes, and policies that deliver and improve upon support management reporting, communications strategy, data management, organizational planning and various business functions.
- The Office Leader is responsible for handling the essential aspects of JLABS recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable. Manage the daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities to ensure an accurate and timely monthly end close and reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- The Office Leader contributes directly to long-term planning that promotes operational excellence, evaluates and recommends improvements to support services, and liaises between support and business functions regarding the same. He or she plays a hands-on role in program and project planning and manages the accounting functions.
The Office Leader will also:
- Assist in the roll-out of Business Operations for Licensee companies; monitor SOPs track documentation, and ensure understanding of Licensee procedures.
- Streamline ongoing Business Operations by ensuring accuracy and completion of all documentation, as well as scheduling and tracking Licensee Orientation and business training processes.
- Guide newly implemented intern program with local university as appointed program manager; facilitate flawless onboarding from initiation through reading and signing of SOPs and procuring computer hardware.
- Serve as local team representative; plan activities, and manage calendars.
- Create and manage Full Contact List and other databases for all relevant stakeholders, Licensees, and Service representatives.
- Perform essential accounting functions not limited to monthly billing, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliation.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Licensees regarding business operational issues.
- Provide assistance to Marketing Department by attending events to help process onsite visitors.
- Open and close office to include reorder and restock of office supplies, conference room preparation, and ensure temperature sensitive packages are appropriately stored.
- Process contracts, license agreements, and critical data through the system.
- Collaborate with Facilities Team to quickly address JLABS’ maintenance issues; schedule, coordinate, and ensure problem resolution.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, along with 5 or more years of office management experience is required.
- The Office Leader must be proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 2 or more years of experience in QuickBooks are also preferred.
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with the ability to act independently and decisively with minimal supervision while managing multiple concurrent tasks and utilizing problem solving skills.
- We seek an energetic contributor with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior written and verbal communications are a must.
- We are also looking for a collaborative mentality that solves issues using team input and assessment of situations from multiple points of view.
- Finally, we need someone that is willing and eager to learn from supervisors and senior team members, thrives in a diverse workplace with high professional ethical standards, as well as understands and demonstrates strong customer service skills.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
J2W: LI NA
United States-New York-New YorkOrganization
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.