The Mail Service Associate ensures that incoming and outgoing mail is sorted correctly and distributed to the intended recipient. The associate will be working in a dynamic environment along with complying by necessary safety, handling and legal procedures.
• Maintaining quality customer service by providing friendly and responsive processing and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, packages and other shipments
• Sorts incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail: Opens envelopes by hand or machine
• Stamps date of receipt on incoming mail
• Sorts mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments
• Readdresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address
• Examines outgoing mail for appearance and seals envelopes by hand or machine
• Operate postage machine to process mail
• May fold letters or circulars and insert in envelopes
• Ensure safety and security procedures are followed at all times
• Control inbound and outbound accountable
• Weighs packages and determines postage
• Sort parcels for shipping and receiving
• Enter activity data in logs, maintain records
• Completing other tasks as may be assigned by the Manager
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Customer service and/or office related experience preferred.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to change in the work environment.
• Strong work ethic; diplomatic; team player and service-oriented; builds strong working relationships.
• Handle multiple projects at one time.
• Lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Attention to detail.
• Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.