Assist with all tasks in make-ready, preventative maintenance and production run; sets up and run offset feeder assigned by the schedule and or shift supervisor. Maintains appropriate paperwork or records.
- Operates assigned equipment in accordance with the manufacturer specifications and guidelines.
- Performs all tasked required by the job jacket to perform make-readies according to the production schedule.
- Thoroughly reads all documented procedures within area of responsibility including special instructions and specifications listed on the job ticket applying to area of responsibility prior to running the job.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems, rolls of paper and the mechanisms related to the reels.
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage on SPC report.
- Ensures that the roll of paper is properly unwrapped, mounted and ready to be spliced.
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new roll when necessary.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- Maintains the feeder during run and assist with all tasks.
- Provides immediate feedback to immediate supervisor on any concerns with equipment or jobs running.
- May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and press.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies. Reports any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Punctual, regular attendance is an essential job function of employment with RR Donnelley. Overtime including weekend work is considered a condition of employment. Flexibility to work any shift is required.
- Assist the others in the department with problem solving when required.
- Assist in the training of junior employees
- Be able to cover other positions in department for vacations or absenteeism.
- Regularly lift up to 25 lbs. and periodically be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, squatting, walking, steps and standing all day.
- 20-20 vision with or without prescription glasses, good depth perception and color vision.
- Ability to dip inks in and out of fountains
- Ability to stack & air loads for press
AA-EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.