At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. In this role you will analyze STD/LTD claims for offset potential including but not limited to: Social Security, Railroad Retirement, Pension, PERS/STRS, Statutory and Workers Compensation. Also, manage a caseload of complex claims by advising and assisting claimants through the application process. Job Location
Aurora, IL Alternate Locations
Bloomfield, CT - Oriskany, NY- Tampa, FL Job Description
- Reviews and identifies active and approved STD/LTD claims with potential for applicable offsets as defined in MetLife's Disability plans.
- Manage a complex caseload of claims identified with potential for offsets ensuring high quality and appropriate claim payment activity.
- Assist and guide claimants through the appropriate benefit application process by following established MetLife guidelines.
- Review and interpret other income decision information, calculate retroactive and ongoing offsets and provide recommendations to claims partners.
- Work collaboratively with SS attorneys and representatives.
- Proactively identify and escalate potential claim and offset related problems or issues.
- Ensure claimants receive timely and accurate information as well as high levels of customer service.
- Actively engage in development of process improvements that will result in enhanced claim management practices and efficiency gains
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Knowledge with income benefits such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Railroad Retirement, Pension, PERS/STRS and Statutory & Workers Compensation preferred.
- 1-3 yrs. of STD/LTD claims experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
0-5% Business Category
Global Technology & Operations Number of Openings1
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 07M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.