GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Oil field Service Technician
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ardo, Coalinga
The Oil field Service Technician will participate in the daily operation and production of equipment. In this role, you will perform assignments as directed by the crew lead or field services manager. You will work effectively with other work groups, including Safety, Sales, Maintenance, other personnel, and Management.
In the role of Oil field Service Technician you will:
* Perform a number of tasks associated with the operation, rigup / down of equipment / tools, and related equipment in the shop, yard, or location (equipment used will vary by product line) under the direction of a Field Engineer, Service Manager, Service Supervisor, or Specialist
* Perform duties which may involve some technical elements but primarily focused on running equipment / machinery / systems
* Play a role in hands-on and directly manipulate equipment, machinery, or systems requiring precise instrumentation / operation
* Be trained in operating more than one type of equipment or combinations of equipment / processes (level is determined by competency development program)
* High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
* Minimum 3 years of experience in oil field or field service role
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
* Ability and willingness to be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
* Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
* To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
* Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record
* Ability and willingness to climb, operate a clutch, gearshift, and other manual controls of the truck
* Ability and willingness to use wrenches, to remove or secure bolts on pumping unit
* Ability and willingness to work in adverse weather conditions, including; high wind and high and low temperatures for several hours at a time
* Ability and willingness to assist in working at heights, carrying parts and tooling for pumping units of substantial weight (Not to exceed 40 lbs)
* Ability and willingness to use mathematical ability, calculate weight of loads to be lifted, and verify load within capacity of crane
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Knowledge of pumping unit repairs
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient with computers and all standard business software applications
* Basic mathematical skills, critical thinking skills and reasoning ability
* Ability to work in a team and Lean environment and to assist the business to continually improve
* Works collaboratively - keeping others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.