Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The server establishes a welcoming atmosphere from the minute they first greet guests at their table. The server delivers food and carries service trays while demonstrating exemplary guest service skills. This position requires individuals with the ability to be service-minded and committed to providing outstanding guest satisfaction. Essential Functions:
- Greet guests immediately as they arrive at their tables
- Maintain a watch for underage patrons by checking the identification of customers to ensure they meet alcohol age legal requirements
- Carry service tray in order to deliver and serve food and beverages to table
- Work with bartenders in order to process drinks orders
- Work with kitchen staff to coordinate and collect orders efficiently
- Complete all bussing attendant duties when required
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints - always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- May be required to train other employees, educating them on menu items and other aspects of the role
- The server will work at banquets and special functions - serving and keeping food & beverage areas stocked
- The server will be required to prepare banquet facilities by setting up and breaking down chairs, tables, buffets, center pieces
- May be required to set up china, glassware and place settings
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and abide by all state liquor laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one-year experience as a food server within a restaurant, hotel, or conference center operation.
- Any related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Requires full understanding and knowledge of food and beverage standards.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in fluent English
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Possess interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to move quickly while balancing large and small trays of food and drinks to and from service areas.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.