The Community Product Specialist builds and maintains strong professional relationships with community based physicians/HCPs in private practice, medical group's practices, office staff and others in the patient care continuum. The Community Product Specialist is a business leader who represents the integrity of the company by providing approved, disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders within the oncology community practice setting.
The Community Product Specialist reports to the District Business Manager and works collaboratively across a matrix sales organization to appropriately address customer needs and ensure that we deliver on our sales targets and our objective of demonstrating value among our customers.
What are the primary responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales targets
- Develops and implements robust territory business plans centered on performance
- Develops strong and long-term relationships with customers in all assigned accounts
- Represents brands and resources in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner; helping external customers understand the benefits and use of products for appropriate patients
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of disease states, BMS brands and relevant competitor products
- Demonstrates highly effective territory management and exemplary selling competencies
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience and information
- Monitors operating costs and compliance with territory budget
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of BMS
Qualifications Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Representative experience required, with 3 years in a Specialty Sales role preferred.
- Oncology experience is required, preferably experience selling in Lung, Hematology or other Oncology specialty marketplace experience.
- Demonstrated strong capability in account management, superior selling competencies and proven sales performance track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated strong business analytics to understand and analyze business and market drivers, and develop, execute and adjust business plans.
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrix teams.
- Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability - 1604576
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.