Now Hiring! Oncology Financial Counselor - Overland Park, Kansas
HCA Midwest Health, known throughout the KC region for comprehensive care and advanced treatments for cancers of all types, is proud to partner with the Sarah Cannon cancer network, the cancer service line of HCA, and a leader in world class cancer care.
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a cancer network anchored by our four accredited hospitals - Belton Regional Medical Center, Centerpoint Medical Center, Menorah Medical Center, Research Medical Center, and complemented by numerous cancer care outreach sites located in communities throughout metropolitan Kansas City and the surrounding areas. Position Summary:
Qualifications: Requirements: Education:
- The Oncology Financial Counselor shall be a designated member of the Cancer Center who must understand detailed cancer/oncology terminology, related insurance rules and regulations and the demographics of the oncology care community.
- Responsibilities will also include coordinating financial aspects of care in conjunction with the PAS Department-Patient Financial Counselor.
- The financial counselor will work with patients and their families beginning with the evaluation for treatment and continuing through and after treatment, in a compassionate and tactful manner in order to help facilitate access to and provide continuity of care.
- They will help the patient understand the billing process and will help the patient resource options for financial aid from outside sources.
- The financial counselor will use knowledge of insurance companies and oncology care to coordinate coverage for patient.
- The financial counselor will also work with other members of the Cancer Center, insurers, and administrative personnel.
Two-year associate degree from an accredited institution in Health Information Management (HIM) or other business related field required. In lieu of Associate Degree will consider work experience in medical insurance benefit, coverage assessment, processing and invoicing for a total of 6 years. Knowledge/Skills:
Excellent oral & written communication skills along with reasoning and mathematical skills.
Must have knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Working knowledge of commercial and Medicare insurance benefit coverage. Knowledgeable of community services and programs available.
Minimum three (3) years of experience in a medical office group with insurance coordination and coding as part of that experience. (Oncology experience preferred)
Experience in ICD-9CM and CPT-4 coding. Experience Microsoft Word & Excel and strong computer skills required.