About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Primary Responsibilities Include:
The purpose of the Health Systems Liaison Field Medical Scientist (HSL) team is to provide coverage and build relationships with Oncology Medical Access Influencers (MAIs). MAIs are individuals who make, or advise decisions that impact access to therapy for a population of patients. Specific responsibilities of the HSL include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifying, developing and maintaining scientific and business relationships with MAIs. These relationships will be built on scientific exchange as well as value/HEOR discussions concerning oncology treatment options.
- The HSL will work cross-functionally and collaboratively in the MAI identification process to incorporate input from Medical Strategy Teams and additional internal stakeholders (e.g. Market Access, HEOR Research). These cross-functional collaborations will also work towards developing field content to support MAI engagement and scientific exchange activities.
- The HSL supports input and alignment of MAI databases and activities with internal planning documents including but not limited to the Medical Plan, Access Plan and HEOR Research Plan.
- The HSL will reactively engage MAIs and market access organizations in clinical dialogue, scientific exchange, and clinical differentiation in conjunction with or at the request of other integral BMS stakeholders (e.g. Access, HEOR Research).
- HSL team members will attend medical congresses and local/regional meetings that serve as venues and forums for MAI and health Systems decision-makers.
- The HSL will participate in training programs that advance knowledge and improve skill sets. This will include training on multiple tumor types and access/value/HEOR data.
- In addition, the Health System Field Medical Scientist will have the opportunity to develop and engage in specialized projects related to the Medical support of the U.S. Oncology product portfolio.
- An MD, PhD, and/or PharmD degree is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in an Industry compliant manner is required.
- Highly professional with excellent relationship-building and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex scientific and economic principles and findings with simplicity and clarity and to negotiate with internal and external constituencies to achieve desired results and outcomes is required.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time is required.
- Additional advanced degree in epidemiology (MPH), economics (MBA) and/or HEOR is highly desired.
- Experience with health plan drug utilization decision-making (e.g. Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Guideline Panels) is highly desired.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience with exposure to Medical Affairs is highly desired
- As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of "Qualified Driver", as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
- Ability to drive a company-provided car is an essential qualification of this position. Candidates must be able to drive a BMS-provided vehicle between locations (often a great distances apart), and arrive at each location ready and able to enthusiastically and efficiently demonstrate an applied knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends. Candidates must possess a high level of ethics, integrity and responsible and safe driving history.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.