we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Oncology Nurse Educator
in NY (Field Based Role)
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology
is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Reporting to the Oncology Nurse Educator Director, the Oncology Nurse Educator
will implement the Oncology Nurse Educator Strategy, the commercial IO Franchise marketing plan, and product education plans to community institutions, hospitals, health care providers and pharmacies by using their professional expertise and clinical training.
The Oncology Nurse Educator
is responsible for utilizing clinical expertise with natural ability to build immediate trust with healthcare providers and patients through their deep medical and product knowledge with a primary focus on oncologists, oncology nurses, pharmacies, total office non-prescribers. Must demonstrate strong knowledge in immuno-oncology training and education. Enhance patient adherence and outcomes through education. Provide branded and non-branded immun0-oncology and disease state education to practitioners and their staff (80% of time) such as:
- Coach non-oncology offices on immune-related adverse events (irAE) patient identification including pharmacies
- Educate HCPs on treatment of irAEs including steroid tapering and dose adjustments in community offices
Provides branded and non-branded immuno-oncology and disease state education to patients and caregivers (20% of time) such as:
- Direct-to-patient educational opportunities with in-office "IO Classes"
- Facilitate patient-to-patient education programs
Additionally, the Oncology Nurse Educator
is responsible for partnering with AstraZeneca's oncology access teams and advocacy leads for key organization engagement. Providing comprehensive education, clinical nursing support, case management, disease management and/or irAE programs to assist providers and their staff to facilitate appropriate patient care. Working in cooperation with sales and account teams to improve transition of care utilizing approved resources. Independently plan and organize activities to ensure regular and consistent coverage of the territory according to a plan of action and dependent on each customer's clinical needs. Provide feedback to marketing department on effectiveness of sales/educational materials. Be available to work some evenings and weekends as required to meet role objectives of evening and night shift in-services. Occasional overnight travel will be required. Monitor and comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations. Ensure full compliance with AstraZeneca's regulatory, legal, and compliance policies. Manage expenses within budget constraints.Required:
Key Performance Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree
- Registered nurse (RN) license, active license
- Oncology RN experience
- Experience as a clinical nurse educator or sales professional within the pharmaceutical industry within the last 3 years
- Demonstrated ability to change customer behavior through HCP interactions and in-services
- Demonstrated ability to have a positive strategic impact on peers and cross-functional matrix partners
- Clear understanding of customer institutional hierarchy; navigates effectively in the environment
- Demonstrates superior planform and group presentation skills
- Maintains superior product and disease state knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in using support resources
- Demonstrated excellent planning and territory management skills
- Superior utilization of electronic programs. Always on-time with submission of required reporting
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple task
- Ability to work independently and with discretion and judgment without regular direct supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills i.e. Microsoft office, Excel, Power point Results Oriented and have a high level of integrity and dependability
- Must have the ability to develop and execute plans against objectives while working in an independent environment
- Must be able to successfully complete training and meet training expectations.
- Understanding of clinical treatment algorithms and patient management
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Customer Focus
- Business acumen
- Driving for results
- Decision quality
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Motivating others
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.