is the region's largest, most comprehensive healthcare provider with hospitals located in Middle Tennessee and Bowling Green, Kentucky. The healthcare network of choice for thousands of people in the region, TriStar offers the convenience, comfort and individualized care you deserve from your healthcare provider.
Every year, we serve more than 75,000 patients in our 13 hospitals and more than 360,000 patients in our emergency rooms (ERs) throughout Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. With so many locations, you are never far away from a quality hospital or ER.
At each of our locations, you can expect an outstanding selection of doctors, a dedicated team of healthcare professionals and advanced technologies used in everything from joint replacement surgery to cancer treatment.
"Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve." TriStar Health
is seeking an Oncology Program Coordinator
for the Cancer Data Center (Full-Time, Exempt)
. GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for assuring compliance with American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS COC) Standards, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) Standards, NQF Measures of Quality, and other oncology related standards at all TriStar facilities.
This position will develop and maintain relationships with each cancer registrar as well as quality department employees and physicians at each facility. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ensures all American College of Surgeons (ACOS) Commission on Cancer standards are met at accredited facilities and helps facilities seeking accreditation to develop programs following the standards.
- Leads Survey Prep at each facility, completing the Survey Application Record (SAR) and the documentation for the surveyor.
- Attends all Cancer Committee meetings and ensures that Cancer Committee composition,meeting schedule, agendas and minutes at each facility meet CoC standards.
- Maintains documentation of Oncology Committee activities using minutes and Program Activity Tool in preparation for survey.
- Assists with the completion of an Annual Report on Cancer Activities at each facility.
- Attends Cancer Conferences at each facility least quarterly.
- Attend state and national educational activities as approved by Director.
- Participates in required continuing education programs and annual reorientation.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement."
- Maintains strict compliance with HIPAA and security and confidentiality of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- General familiarity with cancer registry processes and procedures.
- Computer skills, including data input, Meditech and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize time to ensure all requirements of standard-setters are met.
- REQUIRED: Successful completion of a minimum of an Associate's Degree.
- 2 years experience in Cancer Registry or other department interpreting and meeting national standards of quality care.
- Experience with CoC Survey process preferred.
- This position will require traveling to TriStar facilities, including those in Georgia, and an occasional overnight stay may be necessary
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom