At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The position will support the delivery of reports, assessments and overall portfolio strategy for the Oncology Portfolio. These deliverables will help support achievement of Pipeline Strategy and Management (PSM) business objectives and support planning and decision-making by both project teams and TA Leadership Teams (TALT).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data Quality- Ability to work with project teams and leaders to maintain the data quality in the system
- Leadership - Can independently drive for results and brings ideas to action
- Portfolio Management - Maintain an understanding of the shape, drivers and milestones of the therapeutic area portfolios. Assist in developing recommendations that can be used to make robust decision-making for the TA portfolio.
- Portfolio Strategy - Support portfolio strategy by providing and analyzing key data and criteria. Performance Management - Support the development and tracking of TA objectives to enhance portfolio delivery and value.. Ensure all reporting and analysis adheres to high quality and consistency standards
- Problem Solving -. Proven ability to work through problems and use analytical ability to interpret and communicate them effectively. Looks beyond the obvious for innovative and simple solutions.
- Collaboration - Able to work closely and collaboratively with A&R team, PSM management, and TALTs to support business decisions. Comfortable and capable interacting with senior leaders.
- BS or BA in Business, Science, Finance, Market Research or related.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development and Oncology.
- At least 3 years' work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or consulting
- Proven analytical skill set with demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking, decision making, and problem solving abilities
- Leadership skills, including collaboration and ability to influence without authority
- Experience in Oncology
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.