The Online Content Editor will be responsible for managing the end-to end web content production process within the content management system. This will include updating product content, landing pages, offer banners, video assets and applying html and other code & metric elements based on knowledge of the Verizon content management platform, site architecture and product offerings. Content editor will be responsible for leading pre and post production testing and insure all key stakeholders have reviewed and approved the updates prior to publishing to the website.
The Content editor will create requirements documents for necessary enhancements to the content management platform and work with the content management IT development team to review & implement concepts, test prototypes of new functionality. They will serve as subject matter experts in requirements sessions with .com site managers. Verizon Marketing and Product managers related to the content management capabilities to support new strategic product or service initiatives.
Successful candidate will be able to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment to ensure the on time delivery of time sensitive projects and involves evening and weekend work as required.
- Lead / project manage requirements gathering from cross functional teams to optimize development of design and in conceptualizing and driving completion of user flows, wireframes and visual mockups for user interface design. Manage all enhancements to the system as the business evolves and new pricing, products and services are launched.
- Position will have key focus on driving simplified / improved user interface, enhancement of user experience, gaining system efficiencies and reducing Sales cycle time.
- Implement and manage content/ promotional or design updates for the .com site using the content management platform.
- Integrate new CMS platform design changes/ authoring enhancements to meet strategic business objectives.
- Test and analyze usability/customer experience on end-to-end online experience and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor daily reports on online site performance and/or failures within certain areas on the site and report issues to the IT development team for resolution.
- Ensure seamless online content project executions and customer experience for all projects.
- Support revenue and service objectives as related to user experience as well as business goals (such as acquisition, retention, cost-reduction, and revenue generation).
- Work with external vendor partners to insure externally provided assets are delivered on schedule in order to meet project launch date
- Knowledge of Verizon corporate brand guidelines, Verizon online style guidelines and predefined Web templates and styles.
- Support and/or perform a project management role. This role includes responsibility for the launch of new projects and maintenance activity on .com
- Conduct pre & post production testing of all web projects during the implementation cycle and secure approvals from all key Verizon stakeholders in order to launch.
- Knowledge of content management systems reporting capabilities to complete complex projects
- Explore new technology, media, interactive research and emerging standards related to internet marketing and digital media when managing content.
- Implement SEO updates to maximize both organic and paid search
- Manage launch plan, content, status and all aspects of new and existing products online
- Maintain tracking and communication of new product launches
- Understand and troubleshoot system integration across multiple platforms impacting products online. This includes pricing, inventory, plans, features and other data feeds impacting the site.
- Provide critical confidential product updates to Internet Sales Operations.
- Work on high profile, proprietary product launches. Ensuring all critical information is appropriately represented on Internet channel. When launching a new product, Consultant must be aware of competitive landscape, driving online sales by making products attractive to online customers.
- Interface with outside vendors to coordinate the successful launch of high-profile products.
- Create and maintain promotional display and pricing as applicable to the site and current Internet Sales Operations promos.
- Manage Prepaid phone offerings. This includes the confidential pricing, launch and maintenance of products on the Consumer Prepaid site.
- Consultant works with other Internet Sales Operations employees to assess, schedule and execute high-profile, confidential launches of products and promotions. The extreme sensitivity of the competitive environment demands this role demonstrate the highest integrity and confidentiality regarding Verizon Wireless proprietary information.
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills to quickly assess data and technical issues on the websites and take necessary actions to correct or escalate to appropriate resource.
- Document business and technical requirements for enhancements to verizonwireless.com and interfacing systems.
- Participate in testing and sign-off of project related enhancements to website and interfacing systems.
- Lead cross-functional product launch team meetings
- Manage assigned Marketing and Customer Experience initiatives including: assessment, action planning, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of results. Consultant will be responsible for Executive level presentations on initiatives.
- Review, analyze, and suggest/implement changes based on user feedback via OpinionLabs / Foresee
Consultant is responsible for meeting all product, service and promotion launch timelines. Responsibilities also include an in-depth knowledge of Consumer and Business websites and how the various sites use the data managed by Consultant. Applicants must be available to work non-standard work hours at any time for support of production releases and on-call responsibilities.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
3-5 years experience in web design/content management
5+ years sales, operations and/or marketing experience; e-commerce / internet sales experience preferred
Preferred knowledge of Adobe CQ5, Site Catalyst, and Test & Target
Preferred knowledge of Oracle ATG/Endeca
HTML proficiency required
Proficiency in web authorizing tools preferred – Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and other software deemed necessary as new media progresses
Strong usability/optimization skills to review traffic/conversion/sales report and identify areas for opportunity
Strong attention to detail required
Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and leadership skills required
Proven ability to manage deadlines and multiple/simultaneous, highly complex, cross-functional projects/initiatives
Highly responsive and proactive, supporting leaders and team
Proven ability to work and interact with multiple stakeholder groups and agencies / vendors
Ability to work well within a team environment and under pressure of very stringent deadlines
Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint high proficiency required)
Possess problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to create sophisticated design
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.