Online Marketing Consultant
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000UQ2
Founded in 1997, Dell Financial Services facilitates customer financing of products and services sold by Dell through financing solutions for home and small businesses, educational institutions, and medium and large business customers. Our mission is "to deliver financing solutions that enable and enrich the Dell customer experience."
*Online Marketing Consultant - Round Rock, TX*
Responsible for online business management, planning, innovation, optimization, and thought leadership within the growing DFS Online Marketing team. This role will drive online revenue and financing originations across the portfolio by providing team leadership, focusing on online visitor needs, guiding and assisting multiple online merchandising advisors on the team.
This role is also responsible for forecasting financial product pen rates and mix, coordinating promotional post-mortem analysis, and executive briefings regarding strategic and execution plans. This role reports directly to the DFS Online Marketing Director and will receive assignments that are both strategic and tactical. Job performance will be measured against objectives that directly support overall business goals & objectives for a fiscal year.
*Business Management & Analysis*
* Manage the business portfolio weekly, preparing a full view, drawing upon merchandising advisors’ inputs and incremental business intelligence sources. Pinpoint issues and opportunities, including financial and technical. Define action plans and owners.
* Partner with Analytics teams to develop a rock solid business management system (BMS) and identify new growth opportunities based on data analysis and testing.
* Provide input on DFS online business strategy and plans.
* Focus on the customer. Lead the team in identifying and prioritizing future online business needs. Document business requirements of future online IT projects.
* Focus intently on the visitors’ experience and needs, thinking through how to simplify and communicate clearly
* Provide thought leadership. Innovate, ideate and target new online financing growth opportunities. Identify potential best practices including learnings from Dell’s other direct channels – sales queue, chat – and from online financing benchmarking.
* Guide and assist multiple online merchandising advisors. Learn all online merchandising operational systems. Roll up sleeves and provide hands-on assistance, as needed. We’re all one team.
* Partner exceptionally well with stakeholders, including business and IT. Use excellent listening, communication, and influencing skills to advance the DFS online marketing team agenda. Be solution-oriented. Be assertive, yet always collaborative.
* Leverage the Transactional Marketing Operations team to execute online merchandising improvements. Ensure that procedures are followed and testing and validations occur. Respond to problems quickly and efficiently.
* Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
* 8-10 years professional online marketing experience
* Successful experience in the business management
* Strong understanding of financial services products and performance metrics
* Strong understanding of online analytics
* Outstanding “can do” attitude, solution-orientation
* Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
* Excellent partnering skills
* Excellent project management skills
* High degree of comfort engaging with Senior Level Managers
* Strong PC skills using analysis & presentation tools (Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint)
* Masters degree in Business or a related field
* Strong digital commerce technical skills
* Successful experience leveraging online analytics to target new business growth opportunities
* Experience in online operations, including familiarity with content management systems
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach/
*/Why work with us?/*
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:/*/ Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Marketing - E-business*
**Title:** *Online Marketing Consultant*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000UQ2*