Online Merchandising Advisor
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000UQ3
Founded in 1997, Dell Financial Services facilitates customer financing of products and services sold by Dell through financing solutions for home and small businesses, educational institutions, and medium and large business customers. Our mission is "to deliver financing solutions that enable and enrich the Dell customer experience."
Online Merchandising Advisor - Round Rock, TX
Responsible for driving Dell Technologies’ Commercial online and online-enabled financing and leasing, promoting usage of DFS payment products in N America (US, Canada, and Mexico). This role reports directly to the DFS Online Marketing Director and will receive assignments that are both strategic & tactical. Job success will be measured via performance against structured key performance indicators, as well as achieving individual objectives that directly support overall goals of the Dell Technologies’ Commercial business (Dell, EMC, VMware).
* Drive finance merchandizing of all NA Commercial domains on Dell.com, DFS.com, and EMC.com
* Focus intently on the visitors’ experience and needs, thinking through how to simplify and communicate clearly
* Collaborate with Dell US, Canada, and Mexico Commercial online partners & advocate for DFS
* Coordinate and manage all online content updates with Operations team partners
* Manage creation of online specific copy & creative assets for each site
* Coordinate approvals with Operations and Compliance teams
* Work with Ops team to coordinate finance page QA for functionality, content, & routine maintenance
* Provide analysis of content & functionality for all Commercial domains and web self-service (DFS account management), and recommend improvements based on findings.
Business Management & Analysis
* Closely monitor your business’ sales performance, providing updates weekly to director and partners
* Partner with DFS’ Digital Commerce (IT enablement) team to monitor/address errors real time
* Coordinate with Business Intelligence to develop relevant online dashboards and reporting
* Optimize online site experience and search results for financing
* Work with Business Intelligence and Finance to produce performance readouts suitable for executive review
* Provide input on sales forecasting, as needed
* Provide input on future online capabilities planning (IT projects), including online mock-ups, as needed
Online Launch Testing & Support
* Provide testing support to Digital Commerce team for all online project launches
* Participate in Launch Night testing and post launch QA efforts
* 3 - 5 years minimum professional marketing experience
* Strong knowledge of the online space
* Outstanding “can do” attitude, fast learner, hunger to drive a business while managing online merchandising daily
* Excellent team skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong project management skills
* Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
* Prior experience in online merchandising
* Working knowledge of basic online analytics
* Working understanding of financial services products
* Excellent presentation skills for individuals or groups
* High degree of comfort engaging with Senior Level Managers
/ Company Description /
/ With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach /
/ Why work with us? /
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Marketing - E-business*
**Title:** *Online Merchandising Advisor*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000UQ3*