GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Support GEHC clients with guidance on product/troubleshooting software, hardware, network & operating system problems. Prioritize daily issues, resolve/coordinate support work for customer satisfaction & turnaround. Technical, business & social skills for consistent quality support including technical skills related to using functional debugging techniques & technical tools. Understands product functionality. Understands integration applications. Perform issue analysis. Application setup issues.
• Effectively manage a queue of multiple customer issues in a timely and efficient manner, making every customer interaction a satisfying experience. Resolve customer issues; initiate, track and proactively communicate issue status to customer, document action plans, resolution and customer communications as appropriate.
• Interact professionally and positively at all times with customers at varying levels of the organization.
• Demonstrate good judgment in providing and receiving sensitive information, following all applicable security procedures in handling any patient identifiable data
• Gather accurate problem description and diagnostic information.
• Conduct second level problem determination using basic troubleshooting skills, documented procedures and available tools.
• Support multiple products or application, while maintaining a high level of quality and following all GEHC department standards
• Assume accountability for their responsibilities and shares accountability for team's responsibilities
• Acts as a resource, coach, and mentor as applicable, including serving as a functional resource to staff and customers
• Work with other analysts/engineers in addressing application/product integration issues
• Analyze customers' needs and provide insight into products and their functionality
• Adhere to GEHC coding conventions, debugging techniques, tools, and documentation
• Act as a functional resource to other department staff and customers
• Contribute to the improvement of processes through the sharing of ideas and the development of tools
• Seek to improve productivity and knowledge sets through working with other roles on mutual projects
• Has an in-depth knowledge of at least two major applications with a basic technical knowledge of these areas
• Independently manage caseload and analyzes complex tasks
• Develop and implement workable solutions using available resources (This includes facilitating team meetings, driving decision making, defining increments, tracking backlog, assessing and mitigating risks and removing obstacles.)
• May be required to work overtime, on-call or weekends
• Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe, as applicable.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
1. Requires Bachelor's Degree or Associates and 1 year of progressive experience within technical service role or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 4 years progressive experience within technical service role: software, hardware, networks, databases, and/or desktops.
2. Experience using debugging techniques and technical tools
3. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams.
4. Ability to communicate using English (or local language).
5. HL7 Experience
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. Exposure or experience in Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database management.
3. 1 year minimum experience working in a healthcare IT environment.
4. Superior telephone etiquette and an ability to deal with effectively with customers, peers and management.
5. Presentation skills necessary for internal/external seminars or training classes
6. Possess troubleshooting techniques and technical skills to analyze and resolve customer issues as assigned in compliance with the standard turn-around time
7. The ability to make necessary modifications to customer's database to ensure information integrity for the customer.
8. An understanding of product integration points
9. Has demonstrated experience in learning the industry, company and product/technical knowledge
10. Demonstrated understanding of the product area as it relates to the customer segment
11. Demonstrated analytical thinking/problem solving ability with a proven track record of resolving difficult customer and technical issues
12. Demonstrated excellence in customer management skills, meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
13. Ability to think clearly and quickly and empathize in high-pressure situations
14. Gets first- hand customer information and uses in improvements in products and services
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.