Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a On-Site Gas Coordinator in San Jose, CA.
The purpose of this position is to safely manage the entire cylinder inventory at Praxair customer sites. This person will optimize, inventory, and streamline delivery schedules from the plant to the customer (and all locations within the facilities).
The On-Site Gas Coordinator will also simplify cylinder gas distribution for Praxair customers, optimize distribution costs for PDI, and avoid interruption in service to customer processes. The position requires driving from site-to-site and full time attendance at both customer and cylinder supply locations. On-Site Gas Coordinator
- Cylinder ordering including plant communication and coordination as well as on site management of existing local inventories and remote locations within facilities. Gases included are industrial, specialty, lab standard and possibly medical grade gases. Requires ability to learn and gain knowledge of CGA, NFPA, DOT and others standards
- Cylinder disbursement including proper cylinder handling as required by NFPA 99 chapter 9. Requires heavy physical lifting, pushing and pulling. Cylinder size and weight varies from 10lbs to 750 lbs (Dewar's)
- Cylinder retrieval including proper cylinder handling as required by NFPA 99 chapter 9. Requires heavy physical lifting, pushing and pulling. Cylinder size and weight varies from 10 lbs to 750 lbs.
- Cylinder billing including plant communication, Accustar Handheld, Cylinder Tracking, and JD Edwards interactions
- Customer interaction including facilities support personnel, clinical staff, and on occasion facilities administrators
- JD Edwards order entry, cylinder tracking, and order selection capabilities
- Inventory management of all in use and depleted cylinders. Management of cylinders on patient floors is critical to meet environment of care requirements
- Sales opportunity identification and communication internally
- High School Diploma / GED required, additional education or trade skills preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate to customers and internal plant personnel
- Computer literacy required
- CDL is desired but not required
- Good driving record is required
- Ability to pass security clearance to enter refineries and chemical plants is required
- Cylinder gas knowledge is a significant plus
- Must be able/willing to safely move heavy loads on a routine basis (including carts on wheels which may weigh up to 1200 lbs.)
- Must be able/willing to safely lift and move up to 40 lbs.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.