Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
oOEM IT Project Manager m/f
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Greenville, Baden, Bangalore, Unspecified
The oOEM IT Project Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to various projects supporting the oOEM product line. The person will work with various technical teams and business owners to remove ambiguity and help ensure delivered solutions meet business requirements.
The oOEM IT Project Manager will:
* Maintain effective working relationship with product management and engineering leaders to help integrate programs into overall strategic objectives.
* Own delivery and execution of multiple projects spanning the wing-to-wing oOEM business process
* Major program areas include document management, field tools, configuration management and ITO / OTR systems.
* Partner with the oOEM product management and engineering teams to develop the roadmap to integrate legacy Alstom applications into the new combined GE systems road map.
* Work across functional teams to define and document requirements
* Perform data analysis to identify root cause of issues or to help design a solution
* Adhere to security (infrastructure, IP protection), controllership (i.e. sox, export control) and project management methodology (PMM)
* Effectively communicate (i.e. status, issues, and escalations) to leadership and other various levels of the organization
* Lead the programs to accomplish overall business strategic objectives
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Demonstrated experience in leading IT projects
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* ITLP graduate (GE internal only)
* Project leadership experience (PMM, PMP, PMBOK)
* Problem solving skills across multiple technologies
* Experience with the GE Predix platform
* Experience with PLM or manufacturing design systems
* Passionate about driving change/influence across functions
* Passionate about learning the customers' business
* JAVA/J2EE/HTML5 experience
* Database / SQL expertise
* MS Project/Rally experience
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* GB / BB certified - Able to use Six Sigma tools and techniques to drive change
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.