Open Market Residential Manager(Rochester, NY)
Company: Waste Management
Location: Rochester, New York
Posted: December 07, 2017
Reference ID: 17019631
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I . Job Summary The OMR Manager role owns all facets of the Market Area Open Market Residential (OMR) Line of business. The position requires the ability to identify, build, implement, and manage sales and marketing projects and programs to grow and retain our existing OMR customer base. The role requires the ability to meet assigned sales growth targets for OMR. This role demands strong communication skills to coordinate OMR projects and programs with internal partners in Customer Service, Pricing, Operations, Maintenance, Billing, and the Market Area Leadership Team. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and meet each of these essential duties at high level. • Ability to identify Marketing business solutions that generate growth and customer loyalty. Assure that each program meets the desired return on investment.
• Marketing background with expertise in social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), as well as direct customer/prospect campaigns. Integrate full range of WM service offerings into OMR strategy.
• Maintain and meet assigned revenue growth targets assigned to the OMR LOB. Forecast growth for our operational and maintenance partners.
• Oversee efforts to reduce lost business due to customer late and non-payment of invoices.
• Positively drive communication and accountability of OMR inside the Customer Experience department. Work with supervisor and team leads on new initiatives.
• Clear and concise oral / written communication on OMR performance metrics as required.
• Maintain and implement all corporate standardizations and best practices shared from Corporate OMR team.
• Work with our Pricing department on growth strategies that demonstrate our profitable growth strategy. Complete understanding of all our ancillary service charges
• Manage marketing spend budget and track returns from all campaigns.
• Establish and maintain a high level of communication with Public Sector Director and Sr. District Managers to assure (QOS) Quality of Service.
• Ability to travel when needed for internal meetings or projects across the Market Area.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
• May have direct reports
• Marketing and Managing Marketing Budget
• Quality of Service - Internal Voice of the OMR Customer
IV. Qualifications • Education and Experience - Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED (accredited) and 5-7 years related work experience.
• 1 year of (B2C) Business to Consumer marketing experience, with examples of past marketing campaigns.
• 2 years of sales experience where you were accountable to sales targets.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day ;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely ;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely ;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely ;
• Normal setting for this job is an office setting .
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."