The Intel(r) Open Source 3D Graphics Driver is the industry's only commercial-grade open source 3D graphics driver. Based on the Mesa project (mesa3d.org), this driver powers leading Operating Systems such as Chrome OS, Steam OS, Ubuntu, and Fedora on Intel graphics.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining user space graphics driver code and associated tools for the Intel(r) Open Source 3D Graphics Driver based on the Mesa project (mesa3d.org). The candidate will also write unit tests and debug issues with the whole graphics stack on various Intel Gen graphics platforms. The code will be mostly C and 100% open and developed using longstanding Mesa project processes.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Be able to work independently thru Open Source processes.Qualifications:
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Minimum Qualifications:
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 6 months experience with C, C .
- 6 months experience with Open Source Software community processes.
- Experience working with Linux device drivers, especially graphics, video, and display.
- Understanding and prior experience with OpenGL, EGL, and/or GLES.
- Embedded Linux development, debug & test.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.