Open Source Linux 3D Graphics Driver Developer Job Description
We are looking for developers with a passion for graphics and a track record in system level open source development to join our team of experts to help us push the envelope of open source graphics. The Intel Open Source 3D Graphics Driver is the industry's leading open source 3D graphics driver. Based on the Mesa project (https://www.mesa3d.org/), this driver powers leading Operating Systems such as Chrome OS, Steam OS, Ubuntu, and Fedora on Intel graphics.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain user space graphics driver code for the Intel Open Source 3D Graphics Driver user space based on the upstream Mesa project (mesa3d.org).
- Write unit tests and debug issues with the whole graphics stack on various Intel Gen graphics platforms. The code will be mostly C and 100% open and developed using longstanding Mesa project processes.
- The candidate will need to interact with customers internal and external as well as the larger community.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.Qualifications
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 12 Months of C or C project development
- Minimum of 6 months experience with open source software as determined by a record of successfully contributing to an open source software community project, (whether at school, at work, or as a volunteer on own time).
- At the bachelor's level must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experie nce with interfacing with hardware
- Experience working with Linux device drivers, especially graphics, video, and display
- Understanding and prior experience with OpenGL, OpenGL ES, EGL, or Vulkan
- Embedded Linux development, debug & test
- Knowled ge of the graphics pipeline
Intel's Open Source Technology Center (https://01.org/) is one of the industry's largest and most influential organizations dedicated to open source software development, supporting Intel products on a wide array of platforms. Join us in shaping the future of computing, from the smallest devices to the largest servers!Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.