What you’ll be doing...
The work you’ll be doing will support multiple business critical applications within the SDN network provisioning and service assurance domains. You will be developing, integrating; testing and deploying highly automated orchestration and service assurance solutions.
- Provide leadership for major development and testing transformation initiatives
- Participate in a fully implemented DevOps environment
- Customize and Integrate vendor solutions related to service assurance
- Implement solutions that automate and support manual testing objectives
- Work independently as well as with teammates on technical projects, issues/problem resolution, systems and applications.
- Adjust projects to adapt to changing requirements and engage IT resources from other areas.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. People count on your for your expertise in all phases of the software development cycle. You partner with co-workers, development teams, and external vendors to enhance existing testing scripts, identify new automation techniques, and integrate solutions into development processes. You will design and develop in an integrated DevOps Agile environment.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the OpenStack project ecosystem and hands-on development / coding experience.
- Knowledge of data networks and SDN solutions.
- Experience in management of data networks and applications including management protocols (e.g. SNMP, REST, NetFlow, IPMI, etc.)
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable technical studies.
- Experience supporting large scale, elastic, highly available cloud environment orchestration.
- Designed and used web services APIs (RESTful, SOAP).
- Developed test automation; experience with test automation frameworks.
- Proficiency with development and scripting (Java, C++, bash, Perl, python, git).
- A solid understanding of multiple hypervisor technologies (e.g. KVM, VMware ESXi).
- Knowledgeable in web open standards, including HTTP, Web Services, SOAP, XML, XPath, XSLT, HTML 5, and RSS.
- Experience with orchestration and service assurance applications from leading vendors including Ericsson, Monolith, SevOne, EMC SMARTS, AppDynamics.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.