PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Assistive Support Personnel
Department: Cardiovascular Operating Room
Assists nurses, technicians, surgeons and anesthesia personnel in the direct and indirect care of patients. Includes the preparation of the CVOR. rooms, patient transport, placement of equipment and property utilized in CVOR. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing rooms with proper equipment for upcoming cases
• Room turnover between cases
• Anticipating which cases will be finishing and coordinating with nurses to bring bed into room
• Patient transport
• Complete daily ancillary duties for department
• Transport equipment to/from Centrile Sterile and Non Sterile Supply
• Select/Pick for Cardiac and Non Cardiac Cases
• Other various duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides for the privacy/confidentiality of patients/family. Is knowledgeable of and
consistently practices the 7 patient safety goals.
2. Appropriately transports patients i.e. within safety and infection control guidelines. Notifies nurse at CVOR desk when patient arrives in CVOR suite.
3. Demonstrates consistently initiative in anticipating needs of the surgical team - i.e. bringing appropriate equipment to and from the CVOR.in a timely manner. Bringing the bed to the room after case conclusion. Labeling the bed outside the room.
4. Communicates effectively with staff utilizing appropriate equipment.
5. Under direct supervision assists clerical and nursing staff as needed.
6. Demonstrates basic knowledge of principles of aseptic technique.
7. Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of clinical/nonclinical supplies. Assures that correct equipment is in rooms (as possible before) especially if working evenings.
8. Demonstrates the ability to appropriately, efficiently and thoroughly perform room turnover.
9. Restocks work area as assigned, assuring the availability of needed supplies and equipment
10. Retieves/Returns equipment from/to storeroom. Ensuring equipment is placed in correct area.
11. Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues both within the main OR's, cardiac OR's and various other surgical services units.
12. Uses at least two patient identifiers (excluding the patient/s room number) when calling/transporting patient before and after surgery.
13. Identifying bed outside OR room relating to surgical patients.
14. Completes the requirements for the role to include the educational preparation and completion of the following competencies: aseptic technique, surgical hand scrub, sterile gowning and gloving.
About Portsmouth Regional Hospital:
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA-the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the Seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and also is one of the area's
largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
Less than 1 year
High school or GED
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom