Operating Room Tech, Surgical Services, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Days
Highlands Regional Medical Center
Sebring, FL Facility Description:
Highlands Regional Medical Center, located in Sebring, FL is a 126-bed inpatient, full service facility offering a full range of Emergency, Surgical, Inpatient and Outpatient services. Highlands Regional Medical Center offers the most advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in our area. Serving the surrounding counties with all the expertise and compassion at its command, Highlands Regional Medical Center has cared for the citizens of Highlands and its surrounding counties since 1965. As we grow, the hospital is becoming more and more important to the people throughout this area.
Expertly staffed and equipped, this full-service hospital provides the proper environment essential for patient progress and ultimate recovery. Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, form a dedicated healthcare team whose coordinated efforts assure consistent excellence in various medical specialties. Highlands Regional's modern facility is designed to meet the diversity of its patients' needs, from emergency care, to outpatient care, to surgery. Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Position Description:
Prepares operating rooms for surgery using appropriate techniques. Provides technical services and assists in operating room. Functions under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Complies with the objectives and policies of the hospital and with surgical services' standards of care. Required to work flexible hours and be on call nights, weekends and holidays.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Position Qualifications:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations, which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures, which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association)
- 1 year OR Tech experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.