At our facilities, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Take a look at what some of our team members have to say about being a part of John Randolph Medical Center. Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else!
John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital serving Virginia's Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and surrounding communities since 1915. At our hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger medical centers, alongside high-quality, expert care and a welcoming environment.
The Operating Room Technician
- Utilizes principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Demonstrates competency in scrubbing as it relates to unit scope of care.
- Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Works as a member of the Surgical Services Team to promote teamwork.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services and procedural areas to assist in the smooth operation of the departments and maintain competencies as appropriate.
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and in services.
- Participates in department on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Graduate of Surgical Technology Program or OJT.
Preferred: Certification as Surgical Technologist. EXPERIENCE
Preferred: Minimum one year as a surgical Technologist.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom