The OR Aide performs direct and indirect patient care in the peri-operative setting and assists in the maintenance of a safe, clean environment.
- Follows specific procedure to perform terminal cleaning of the OR and prepares rooms for new patients.
- Uses industrial cleaning agents and equipment following appropriate safety procedures.
- Clean and re-make stretchers/beds.
- Turnover all OR room between cases.
- Stock all assigned areas.
- Deliver specimens/blood to the lab.
- Transport patients as directed by nurse.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Heavy lifting also required (25lbs-75lbs)
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- BLS through the American Heart Association required
- 6 months housekeeping experience in a healthcare or hotel setting preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom