Corpus Christi Medical Center - Corpus Christi, TX Operating Room Technician PRN Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available. Corpus Christi Medical Center
is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
Corpus Christi Medical Center
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health Center
is currently looking for an Operating Room Technician Certified PRN. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting Standards of Practice, managing supplies and equipment, and participates in maintaining proper inventory on all instruments in the department.
- Responsible for coordinating instrumentation and surgical supplies, and assisting in surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
- Actively participates in the planning and implementation of measures to maintain and improve the quality of patient care.
- Is knowledgeable in the use of positioning equipment and techniques to assure patient safety.
- Scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases and assists as needed in circulating duties.
- Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization, and/or disinfection of equipment.
- Assists in the immediate post-surgical care of the patient and of equipment in order to provide a continuum of quality patient care.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving job knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and complying with "Reflection of Excellent" standards.
- Responsible for scanning supplies in the P.O.U.
- One year experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology or military equivalent, and/or current certification.
- Educational requirements and knowledge appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Knowledge and application of appropriate restraint systems when necessary for the protection of the pediatric patient.
- Knowledge and application of appropriate support, padding, and restraining devices for the geriatric patient.
- Knowledge of the appropriate instrument sets and equipment needed for the pediatric patient.
- Knowledge of the potential impairment of mobility of joints in the geriatric patient.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom