Operating Room Technician, Full-Time (.8 FTE), Days
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Position Qualifications:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations, which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures, which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Current BLS certification through American Heart Association
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom