Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Operational Buyer in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Operational Buyer working on the Procurement team, you will be empowered to deliver the best available tools and develop vendor relationships, and a typical day will include:
Execution of all Takeda’s day-to-day Procurement activities across the non-manufacturing categories. As a member of the Operational Buying Unit within the Regional Hub, they are responsible for executing purchases in line with the relevant Category Strategy through application of the buying rules contained in the Category Handbook.
Their primary focus will be to deliver ad-hoc, unplanned business-led buying activities to ensure maximum possible value and compliance for Takeda. To do this they will work with Local Procurement Partner’s to understand requirements, before executing the relevant sourcing process applying the best available tools and considering such factors as preferred supplier arrangements and existing contracts.
Operational Buyers will have deep knowledge of local Procurement processes and systems. They will require substantial expertise in the application of the operational buying process, with a particular focus on the execution of eSourcing activities such as eAuctions. In doing so, they will be relied upon by the Global Category Teams and Project Managers for advice and support in the application of eSourcing as it relates to proactive Procurement initiatives and including the effective execution of RfIs, RfQs, and RfPs using Takeda’s technology platform (currently Emptoris but subject to change).
They will also be required to undertake day-to-day contracting activities such as the preparation of SoWs, Change Orders and Work Orders. By efficiently and effectively executing the operational buying process from end-to-end, they will ensure that end user demand is satisfied and that high levels of internal customer service are delivered to the Business.
Under the guidance of the Operational Buying Team lead, they will collaborate with Global Category Teams and Project Managers to address end-user requests where a standard route to market does not exist, and to escalate potential opportunities for above market (or regional) aggregation and leverage. They will work closely with the Local Procurement Partners to engage the end-user wherever required.
They will require business level fluency in their region’s primary operating language. Additional competence in other relevant languages in their region is beneficial, with English especially so.
Perform operational buying activities within their region ensuring a focus on cycle-times and quality of customer service. This includes:
- Understanding end user requirements as received directly or via the Local Procurement Partner
- Leveraging the applicable Category Handbook, and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the request
- Execute the purchase via the determined method, applying eSourcing where possible
- Communicating the outcome of any sourcing activity back to the end user for a final decision
- Ensuring the relevant purchasing documentation is created, including wherever required contracting using agree contract templates and clauses
Responsible for maintaining strong information flows back to the Global Category Teams in the event of:
- High-value or non-standard requests (i.e. those not covered by a Handbook or established process)
- Opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage for Takeda
- Regular submission of operational buying data to allow Category Teams to develop new strategies and plans
- Issues requiring escalation with either an end user or supplier that cannot be resolved either via the local Procurement Partner
Act as an expert on the application of the eSourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for both the delivery of day-to-day purchasing activity, and in support of Global Category Teams and Project Managers as they execute proactive initiatives. In doing so, provide advice, templates, and support to drive maximum value for Takeda.
Collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the Transactional Procurement team to ensure that the Transactional component of the procurement process is delivered, that handovers between process steps and effective and efficient.
Responsible for ensuring that Procurement operational targets and KPIs on customer service are delivered including expected metrics such as cycle times, number of customer complaints and number of spot buys (unplanned, business led buys). Track and monitor these metrics where required, and escalate issues as they arise.
Provide primary or support Procurement business partner role as required (e.g. for sites with no dedicated Site Procurement Partner). This includes:
- Translate requirements of business requestor to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant
- Identify appropriate Procurement resource to carry out requested activities
- Monitor progress of request and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor
Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Lead. Ensure this is done in alignment with global Process and System teams for operational buying or for all areas in sites where there is no dedicated Site Procurement Partner.
Support CSR initiatives relating to candidate suppliers including but not limited to: Supplier diversity, anti-bribery, anti-human trafficking, treatment of HCP-related suppliers and similar. Qualifications:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated, with business related degree preferable
- Business level fluency in primary sub-region language
- 3+ years operational procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations or specifications with best value and customer service in mind
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
- Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments
- Proficiency in basic MS Office© software and other business systems (Ariba, Emptoris, SAP etc.)
- Post graduate business related qualification
- Documented international strategic sourcing or cost reduction experience
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Shared service center operational experience
- Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to pay tools and eSourcing tools such as Ariba, Emptoris, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred
- Competence or fluency in other sub-region languages, as well as English is strongly encouraged
Minimal (5%) for training etc.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.