ATEP (Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products-and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world's fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we're taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world's most advanced aircraft-and also help protect our troops and power our world.
Under the supervision of the ATEP Canton Revert, Ferro Ti and Ingot Operations Manager, the Operational Excellence Engineer
is responsible for driving and supporting all facets of Operational Excellence activities within the 3 Canton facilities. The OpEx Engineer is an expert in continuous improvement processes who teaches and facilitates implementation of standard OpEx methods and tools to deliver results in throughput, productivity, cost, and inventory and delivery performance. Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead Operational Excellence using OpEx principles, tools, methods, and techniques, in direct support of achieving business goals, improved performance, and decreased cost;
- Lead the development of manufacturing strategy. Define the current condition of the facility to identify opportunities and create a target condition, with action plans to improve operational and financial results. Utilize Alcoa Hoshin framework to capture and manage execution of the strategic actions;
- Provide a plant-wide framework for OpEx implementation and facilitate the execution of this strategy;
- Identify, assess, facilitate, design, and coach implementation of OpEx methods, techniques, and procedures, including daily management, problem solving, TPM/OEE, 5S, visual management, work design and A3 improvement plans. Use these tools to lead and facilitate continuous improvement;
- Lead and coach others in determining specific measures of performance and productivity improvements. Provide training and consultative assistance for all levels of the organization;
- Use the OpEx ASAT to help identify and implement improvement opportunities, and to assure compliance with corporate expectations;
- Liaison with the BU and other plants to bring technology and best practices to the location. Communicate progress and successes within the location and within the business unit;
- Maintain, compile, analyze, and report metrics of improvement projects.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Proven results facilitating continuous improvement activity;
- Strong computer and relationship skills;
- Proficient in MS Office - specifically Excel;
- Ability to speak and present effectively to personnel at all levels of the organization;
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain Logistics or related discipline from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 1-2 years of leadership/supervisory experience;
- Six Sigma Certification;
- Proven Kaizen leader;
- Previous aerospace/defense industry experience.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.