• BS, specialization in Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, or Logistics
• Minimum 5 years experience in operations, in a manufacturing environment, covering a broad range of activities and operations (e.g. Production, Engineering, Quality Assurance/Logistics / Safety).
• Master Black Belt / Black Belt / Green Belt level of understanding of Lean Sigma
• Pharmaceutical Industry experience
Job Description Summary-The Site GPS Coach role exists to deploy and embed the GPS into a Site to deliver the Business Strategy and improve Business Performance (Quality, Safety, Service, Cost, and Innovation).
A member of the Site GPS (GSK Production System) team (line report to the Site GPS Lead) the Site GPS Coach is accountable for :
1. Supporting the site teams in GPS roll-out; making sure that GPS is being used to develop the capability of all the Site personnel to implement day to day continuous improvement activities.
2. Helping ensure the day to day continuous improvement activities result in a continuous improvement in the Site Performance towards the goal of Zero Accidents, Zero Defects and Zero Waste.
3. Conducting 'self assess' the Site vs. the GPS Maturity matrices and to support the site to close any gaps.
4. Coaching / train the Site teams in GPS.
Support day-to-day deployment of the GPS and performance improvement activities at site. Deliver according to the GPS implementation approach / road map agreed with the Site Director and Site GPS lead.
Work with line managers to identify and agree the priorities for GPS deployment
Support continuous capability development of self and others, developed by the GPS Core team.
Actively role modeling GPS skills and behaviours
Track progress of the team deployment road-map
Support/ensure consistency of progress and deployment
Coach Site team leaders and operators to develop sustain continuous improvement mindsets and behaviours
Provide expert advice on the GPS basics to the Site based on a in depth understanding of GPS
Lead GPS activities beyond the capability of the Site Teams
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.