As a Penske Co-op working for the Operational Excellence department, you will be exposed to real world business experiences that will utilize your core engineering / supply chain knowledge and enhance your overall capabilities within the workplace. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks which relate to applied engineering / supply chain practices in the workplace throughout multiple Penske facilities.
Please note - This is a temporary, Intern / Co-op position located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA.
Co-op/Internship will be beginning in 2018, timeline for the position is flexible and will be determined at a later date.
- Observe and review current work methodologies over multiple iterations and multiple locations
- Time and motion studies of targeted business / operational processes
- Review and analysis of current system generated process performance metrics against observed process standards recorded
- Analyze statistical data and time study results to determine logical and appropriate standards
- Create data collection forms / materials / systems. Execute data collection assignments.
- Data manipulation and analysis from system generated data, process observations, and other various data collections
- Prepare presentations for executive level reviews
- Recommend opportunities for business / operational process improvements and the impact to the business
- Observe, report, and recommend improvement opportunities towards Safety, Human Factors, and Ergonomics
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Student should be pursuing Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or similar program who is entering Sophomore , Junior, or Senior year
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficient understanding of the core Industrial Engineering fundamentals or similar engineering principles
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of the organization
- Analytical skills / aptitude
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Visio and Microsoft Access
- Experience with Mini-Tab, or other statistical software is a plus
- Willingness to travel, including overnight, up to approximately 25%
- Able to Relocate to Reading, PA with a car for transportation
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.