Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This is a dual role opportunity - Operational Excellence Leader and High Performance Team (HPT) Coordinator at our Port Arthur, TX Facility. Primary focus is to define, design and implement process improvement as part of the Johnson Controls Management System (JCMS); ensure integration and alignment vertically and horizontally across organization. Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies and TBS priorities. Facilitates and coaches improvement teams. Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure program success. Installs process excellence support for program governance, project reviews, communications, and training. Utilize Lean, Six Sigma and change management methodologies and have appropriate levels of certification for the role.
Candidate will also ensure effective implementation and ongoing effectiveness of High Performance Teams. Develop group competencies within the teams. Direct the High Performance Team process, interacting with the teams, supervision, managers, star guides, and plant manager. Responsibilities
- Identifies and completes Black Belt projects/initiatives by leading teams in the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools to solve business problems.
- Develops projects through the DMAIC or Kaizen methodology while considering potential project risks.
- Develops and trains site Green Belts, management and their respective teams utilizing lean, continuous improvement, project management and business integration tools and concepts.
- Displays continuously the characteristics of a change leader in the organization.
- Facilitates meetings with management to review and examine project progress.
- Develops and trains teams utilizing lean, continuous improvement, project management and business integration tools and concepts.
- Coordinate the formation of high performance teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Teach high performance team concepts and ensure they are understood and used at all levels of the plant
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop scorecards and metrics for the high performance team process. Review and recommend changes as necessary to meet plant objectives
- Coordinate and track certification processes for high performance teams, star points, star guides and star guide systems and that they are effective
- Participate in the high performance team meetings and ensure effectiveness of the meetings, scorecard data, and effective action plans are developed by the teams
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent Operations experience
- Certification in Six Sigma MBB, Lean and Problem Solving preferred
- Three to five years of leading a team experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word experience required. Ideal level of experience in Excel should be high / advanced
- The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working Conditions: Position requires flexibility in hours to work shift hours to coincide with team meetings as necessary, work in plant environment, with some travel. Overtime maybe required to meet objectives
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.