Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the direction of the MPS Americas Leader, the Associate Director will:
- Partner with and consult functional leaders, plant managers and their leadership teams to develop plans and execute performance improvement activities
- Influence and link improvement objectives to the highest division priorities
- Develop Lean management and people development processes and plans
- Manage end-to-end manufacturing and business processes and projects to drive results and realize intended business benefits
- Utilize various Lean tools and techniques to diagnose, analyze and improve business processes
- Provide teaching and coaching to effectively transfer Lean skills into the organization for the development of Lean Leaders.
MMD MPS Associate Director will be responsible for & have capability for the following:
- Deep process analysis and Value Stream mapping.
- Design and deploy lean process design
- Coach and guide the supply chain organization in pursue of Just In Time production
- Define and apply appropriate performance management systems to processes to drive results.
- Apply Lean techniques and "Way of Thinking" to processes to solve moderately complex system (multiple processes) problems (building quality in, continuous flow, kanban, heijunka, pull).
- Apply scientific problem solving (PDCA), standardized work, and other Lean tools to solve process and system (full value stream) problems.
- Coach and develop Lean Experts including Senior Leaders in training and development of others.
- Coach and develop E2E/IPT managers and supervisors to apply Lean management principles and develop their direct reports or teams in problem solving and standardized work.
- Develop and manage continuous improvement processes (Visual Work Place, Lean Experts Selection & Development Process, etc).
- Apply behavior coaching techniques to influence decision making and to guide continuous improvement activities.
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor's degree in a related field as well as hands-on experience with application of most of the following Lean tools and techniques: Standardized Work, Scientific Problem Solving, value stream mapping, SMED, mistake proofing, 5S-Visual Factory, PDCA.
- Candidate has demonstrated experience in lean process design and transforming manufacturing from push systems to pull systems in pursue of Just In Time production.
- Candidate should have extensive experience in analyzing end-to-end supply chains and driving process improvement.
- Consultative skills: ability to influence decision making, ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), project management skills (demonstrated experience in managing large teams), solid business acumen, proven team building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results oriented, strong analytical skills, and prior process improvement experience.
- Coaching ,Teaching and Inclusion skills: Proven experience in coaching and teaching others to think, behave and apply lean methods and tools. Experience enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc to achieve business outcomes.
- Extensive Lean application experience, deep understanding and successful application of TPS.
- E xcellent skills using IT applications to organize and analyze data (MS-Access, MS-Excel, Minitab).
- Experience in operations management, manufacturing, or related disciplines.
- Experience in a Vaccines or Sterile pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job keywords: Lean Six Sigma, Black Belt, TPS, Toyota Processing Systems, Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement, Organizational excellence, Process Excellence, AME, DMAIC methodology, statistical analysis, Lean Leader level 3, certified Black Belt, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, SMED, 5S-Visual Factory, PDCA, DOE, Hypothesis Testing, Statistical Process Control, Regression, ANOVA, Capability Analysis, Tolerance, Reliability, Nonparametric Analysis, DFSS, Root Cause Analysis, Lean Transformation, APQP, advanced product quality planning, SPC, statistical process control, GEMBA Walk, GEMBA Kaizen, Standardized work, Kaizen, Kata, A-3, change management, change agent, West Point, PA, Elkton, VA, Whitehouse Station, NJ, Rahway, NJ, Durham, NC, Wilson, NC