This opening is with Arconic - LaPorte Operations, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum, and titanium, primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com .
We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Operations Leadership CoOp. The expectation is that the CoOp will working during the summer full time and then continue to work part time while they continue their degree until they graduate.
This CoOp position is a robust operation's leadership development position, where the CoOp will begin to learn the skills necessary to successfully manage in a manufacturing environment on the shop floor, balancing business needs and financial metrics with continuous improvement, and the personal, professional, and analytical toolset necessary to accomplish these goals. This foundation will be achieved in part by mentorship with current area leaders and manufacturing management, as well hand-on learning by assisting in the regular tasks fundamental to daily success, as well as the mid to long term planning that founds the future advancement of the company. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB RESPONSIBILITIIES
Follow APP's Safety Regulation and Work Rules Handbook along with all department specific safety requirements.
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
- Support and ensure compliance to all appropriate environmental, health and safety rules and regulations
- Provide daily support of area leaders in analysis of performance and opportunities for improvement
- This includes reviewing previous day and historical metrics, such as labor utilization, variable spend (consumable indirect materials), operator efficiencies, inventory and flow
- Using these metrics to understand performance gaps, and address these accordingly (what caused the misses to occur, and how can we do better in future)
- Gain exposure to and assistance of workflow/workload of area leadership
- This includes tasks such as making daily production commitments, problem solving as issues occur on the shop floor, developing and improving work instructions, assessing and addressing product quality, evaluate staffing/manning levels, auditing other departments, addressing customer issues via corrective actions, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement projects to better the business, specifically those with impact on safety, quality, productivity and spend. This includes systematic changes, improvements to visual queues/work flow, better leading metrics, and challenging perennial shop floor problems.
- Cross-train with other functional groups to better understand the interplay between these groups and production, developing an understanding of how the area leader/manufacturing role fits within the overall business.
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic's success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.
What are we looking for? We look for CoOp's with:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful experience as an active member of a teamBasic Qualifications
- Attending College in Bachelor degree program.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. Person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Seeking a degree in Organization Leadership / Supervision / Business Management and/or Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Basic knowledge of investment casting manufacturing process a plus
- Relevant internship/work/research experience a plus
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.