Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Corporate Operational Risk AVP - Enterprise Risk Management(ERM)
ERM is seeking a highly qualified individual to support the Corporate Operational Risk Management (ORM) team. The ORM AVP will be responsible for helping to support firm-wide operational risk management programs including Scenario Analysis, Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) and Key Risk Indicators. The ORM AVP will help lead risk management-related projects within corporate operational risk and work in close collaboration with business-aligned risk managers and business leaders across the firm.
Responsibilities of the ORM AVP include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with ORM senior management to implement key risk management programs; contribute to key risk and business committees; develop an understanding of business unit strategies, critical success factors, risk profiles and potential exposures
- Assume responsibility for development and implementation of new and updated risk management strategies, processes and policies as well as procedures to deal with risk management issues. Assess effectiveness of current programs including implementation of appropriate risk mitigating measures
- Ensure effective challenge and communication to Senior Business Unit
Management to enable timely escalation of issues
- Act as a key liaison with internal and external advisors and other internal control groups on risk related issues within areas of program management responsibility
- Ensure compliance with corporate risk policies and processes and implementation of changes to such policies
- Deliver/ participate in risk management presentations to committees as necessary
This individual should have relevant work experience, and preferred qualifications listed below.Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in Operational Risk and the financial services industry
- Experience with Operational Risk programs, including Scenario Analysis, Risk Controls
- Self-Assessments and Key Risk Indicators preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; capability to successfully operate in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail under minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; able to evaluate and form independent judgments
- Commercial and creative approach to solutions
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.