Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
#LI-VN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies (such as six sigma) to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in disaster recovery effort as technical resource.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Experience in the financial services industry is required. Knowledge of mortgage finance, specifically Capital Markets, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the identification of key risk, performance and control indicators is required.
- Ability to support the development of remediation activities in response to identified issues.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven ability to be a quick learner.
- Ability to multi-task and work on various projects at once with a sense of urgency.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.