It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo location is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 269,000 team members in 42 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
At Wells Fargo, technology is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our more than 75 million global customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) group provides strategic technology-based products, services, and governance for our enterprise business units. EIT helps customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of the channel. Altogether, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise, managing world-wide technology for stores and ATMs, making EIT a competitive advantage for Wells Fargo.
What we are looking for:
We have exciting Senior Operational Risk Consultant opportunities that will cover technology risk management within Enterprise Information Technology (EIT). These Senior Consultant positions will have responsibilities for helping the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) risk and compliance management program meet our objectives. The Consultants will provide leadership in the performance of program deliverables working across EIT teams, and the transformation of the Risk Management function. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and function committed to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management. Senior Risk Consultants could be aligned in one of the following risk and compliance program areas:
- Audit Interaction and Issue Management
- Technology Project Risk Assessment
- Central Risk Team
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Our environment continues to be one of the heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. As part of the First Line of Defense (FLOD), this role provides leadership support to ensure that Enterprise Information Technology is accountable for risks associated with its activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading efforts to effectively identify risks, partnering to develop remediation approaches and controls, and ensuring remediation plans are executed and validated
- Representing Enterprise Information Technology group on all risk matters requiring review, and ensuring all risk management deliverables are met accurately and timely
- Providing risk management leadership to mature technology processes, and providing input to the risk reporting for the group
- Providing risk management subject matter expertise to develop, implement, and mature risk management capabilities, programs, and processes, as well as communicate appropriately with key stakeholders
- Working across the EIT groups to address emerging and existing risks
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of information technology experience
- 3+ years of risk management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure, and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 7+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets, and/or wealth / brokerage, etc.)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and associated challenges, risks, and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change management, problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework – COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations, translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other risk management discipline certification
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.