It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
The EIT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. EIT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. Altogether, EIT manages world-wide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs – larger than Starbucks and The Gap combined.
This Operational Risk Manager 5 - EIT Infrastructure role will have accountability for risk management within the aligned EIT business group as First Line of Defense (FLOD). Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. The model through which we deliver risk programs and oversight is changing. This role is created in alignment with the new comprehensive First Line of Defense risk structure for Enterprise Information Technology. As the first line of defense, this role provides credible challenge to the EIT group, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
The EIT Divisional Risk Manager will lead the planning and execution of critical FLOD risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and EIT Risk Target Operating Model. Accountabilities of the EIT Divisional Risk Manager will include:
- Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products / services and shared services IT processes / products / services
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
Identify & Assess:
- Conduct and support risk assessments that evaluate the environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls, and the level and trends of residual risk
- Proactively identify risks within EIT across internal and external events
Control & Mitigate:
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators (KRI) to track impact
- Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
- Execute the EIT-related compliance process (e.g. Audits, CICATs, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
Monitor & Report:
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, and detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support, and complete EIT risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure, and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 10+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets, and or wealth/brokerage, etc.)
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process management. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks, and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change management, problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework – COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration, and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing, and retaining a team of managers, strong technical experts, and high performing professionals in geographically disbursed environments
Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.