The Operations Workflow team is an integral team in delivering the Oracle Data Cloud's (ODC) products to our clients. The team defines, implements, and refines processes that feed into our operational framework. We do this by designing processes that are scalable and complementary to our support systems and partner across Operations, Go-to-Market teams, Technical teams, Finance, and Product development teams to identify issues and create solves around them. With the opportunity presented as new products are rapidly developed the team is growing rapidly with improvement opportunities and is seeking a team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is an independent self-starter that welcomes challenge, and collaborates across teams. The Workflow Analyst will be responsible for the standardization and creation of workflow models supporting delivery of all the ODC's Go-to-Market products. In addition, this position will be exposed to a variety of problem solving situations, both strategic and real-time.
This role will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for all things process and metrics focused as it relates to Operational delivery. Main responsibilities within this role include:
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts, system users, and stakeholders to understand and document existing and proposed business processes, requirements, and system needs
- Work closely with internal teams to proactively identify issues or potential issues and take action to minimize impact
- Produce effective documentation to capture and communicate business process and requirements in the format of business process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, decision trees, etc.
- Implement workflow based processes utilizing a workflow system (Jira or Activiti)
- Drive change through effective use of clearly defined delivery plans, ensuring stakeholders receive timely updates
- Help design, implement and deploy scalable application features to drive speed and efficiency
The ideal candidate:
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Operations Research
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Possesses a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and decision making skills that foster creative solutions
- Ability to deep dive, conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Has strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines, prioritize workload and make adjustments to meet business needs
- Proven planning and time management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
- Flexible, people oriented and able to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have advanced level Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills
- Experience using the following workflow tools: Jira, Kissflow, and Activiti
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Attention to detail critical. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. Relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired. 2 plus years relevant work experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.