Under general direction the Analyst will work within the Operational Analytics group which is responsible for Business Service Reliability Reporting along with the development and delivery of dashboards for the metrics that support AmerisourceBergen's IT Services and Processes. The Analyst is primarily responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance supporting the reporting and analytics requirements of AmerisourceBergen's Services, business units, users and customers. The Analyst is responsible for utilizing the monitoring and reporting tools to develop dashboards and reports that provide detailed visibility into the availability and performance of the Services delivered by AmerisourceBergen's IT group. The Analyst will work closely with the enterprise monitoring team to support the tool set that feeds the dashboards. The Analyst will assist Service Owners, Applications Owners and support teams in understanding the data provided and educating them in being able to drill into the tools to get at the root cause of issues encountered. WORK COMPLEXITY:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with business partners within one or more business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Supports one or more moderately to highly complex business processes.
- Serves as a team member, sometimes as a technical lead.
- Create and/or update dashboards utilizing monitoring tools suite and other tools
- Collaborate with application, service and problem teams recommending changes for performance improvements as a result of data from dashboards and monitoring tools
- Ensure availability of Enterprise dashboards
- Prepare performance and summary reports
- Ensure accuracy of metric data from CA UIM / APM
- Integrate alerts into the CA UIM / APM dashboards where applicable
- Work closely with and support operations monitoring team
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure SLAs, as well as other quality metrics, are being met.
- Gather and analyze monitoring requirements from application owners
- Collaborate with service owners and operations center to ensure monitoring is sufficient to support services
- Train support teams on monitoring tool capabilities as needed
- Identify and documents any gaps in requirements that the CA tools cannot provide
- Open support cases with monitoring software vendors when needed
- Work closely with and support operations monitoring team which may include:
- Deploying agents, robots, probes based on application monitoring requirements
- Configure agents, robots, probes based on application monitoring requirements
- Develop custom scripts where needed for use by agents, robots, probes based on application monitoring requirements
- Develop custom probes if OOB functionality does not exist based on requirements
- Maintain and support the monitoring tool set, which includes upgrading, patching, stopping and starting the applications, resolving errors in the monitoring application
Record business transactions in Customer Experience Monitoring (CEM) with application owner. Set defect thresholds, schedule reports. Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Experience with CA tools APM, UIM, SOI or other Application and Infrastructure monitoring tools
- Experience with various reporting tools, Qlik, Power BI, BOBJ etc.
- Requires experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and technology
- Ability to plan and manage multiple activities in a diverse and evolving environment
- Good relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills; solid team player
- Knowledge of client/server technology
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with reporting and dashboard tools
- Ability to lead and drive complex projects across multiple technologies.