Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The Operations Analyst ensures accurate and timely execution of our business transactions by clearly understanding our customers? needs and end-to-end business processes. Manages, executes, monitors, and validates production transactions/activities to ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. The analyst owns resolution of customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Works under limited supervision, prioritizing assignments and workloads to meet production and project deliverables. Manages a portfolio of medium to high complexity, utilizing sound logic for decision making and problem resolution.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor, analyze and accurately execute medium to high complexity transactions to support business operations
- Own and develop relationship with internal partners and external customers and vendors, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration and business results
- Work across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk and deliver better value to the customer
- Adhere to internal controls and provide support for audit and regulatory reviews. Identify, appropriately escalate, and evaluate solutions for operating gaps or other potential adverse conditions that could pose risk to the control environment.
- Identify and resolve customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Analyze data, research issues, work through exceptions, and resolve discrepancies under limited guidance of leadership (as required).
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations for fixes and enhancements
- Provide subject matter expertise on projects and key strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- At least two years' experience in finance, business administration or real estate
- A self-starter who is comfortable identifying, defining and seeking solutions issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Can effectively handle change in job requirements, schedules or work environments
- Experience building internal and external customer relationships through proven ability to deal with content-sensitive and/or time-sensitive information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Access)
- Can manage workload and competing priorities effectively and is well organized
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.