Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The Operations Analyst ensures accurate and timely execution of our business transactions by clearly understanding our customers? needs and end-to-end business processes. Manages, executes, monitors, and validates production transactions/activities to ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. The analyst owns resolution of customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Works under general supervision to manage business process of low to medium complexity and/or support a production process of high complexity.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor, analyze and accurately execute low to medium complexity transactions to support business operations
- Build relationship with internal partners and external customers and vendors, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration and business results
- Work across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk and deliver better value to the customer
- Adhere to internal controls and provide support for audit and regulatory reviews
- Identify and resolve customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues
- Raise technical issues, report them to our technology partners and leadership. Support (as requested) the technology group by testing system enhancements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Fast learner with strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to quickly prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Economics preferred
- Exposure to financial transactions, trades or mortgage-backed securities is ideal
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.