Identify, distinguish and analyze multiple components of a problem and then make conclusions using high-level quantitative skills to help drive projects and bring value to the Home Depot. Participate in driving operations processes for specific areas of responsibilities and complete project tasks as assigned by managers.
This Analyst in Home Services Operations will support new, evolving, and existing systems and tools that are used to run the business. Key customers include a large network of Home Depot Authorized Service Provider companies, the Services Field Team (regional managers and sales consultants), Services merchants, Services senior leadership, and store associates. Regular activities include partnering with IT to support and resolve production issues and problems, and identifying opportunities for improvement across the Services business. The Analyst will support multiple Services key technology products, manage the product backlog in partnership with IT, and champion improvements and innovation. The Analyst will oversee and contribute to Home Services’ transactional tools.
The Analyst is seen as a point person on the Services Systems/Technology team and leads by example for the other members of the team. Thinks proactively and drives improvements and enhancements throughout the technology/system infrastructure in the Services business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem. Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analyses.
- Review sales/financial analyses (what sold/did not sell; determine which categories have potential to move upward; cost/benefit analysis; data process modeling/analysis of problems, regression analysis).
- Identify trends in consumer lifestyle and technology; conduct customer focus groups and analyze/synthesize findings. Scan business/industry trends; scan competitive landscape; analyze consumer data Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used.
- Provide data to all Directors to support decision making. Provide input on forecast based on knowledge of product and technology. Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends. Provide customers with specialized information from a variety of resources.
- Facilitate workout problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people. Synthesize findings, derive conclusions from analyses, and make oral/written recommendations to upper management.
- Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements. Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility.
- Communicate issues and roadblocks related to their areas of responsibility.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Operations Process Manager or Business Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Interest, awareness, and previous experience working with mobile technology (iOS, Android, mobile phones/tablets, apps)
- Strong core skills including problem solving and collaboration
- Ability to quickly assimilate and digest information while making complex issues easy for others to understand
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Data and analytics tools experience (Access, SQL, Teradata, etc)
- Ability to interact with various levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!