Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for leading chemical manufacturing areas at our Muscatine IA or Luling LA Crop Protection facilities. This role ensures that process units operate in a safe, responsible, reliable, and efficient manner to meet the needs of the business. This position focuses on the personal development of direct reports, while providing leadership and setting mid to long term strategic direction in the assigned areas and across the plant. This role supports plant-wide objectives, corporate initiatives and improvement opportunities through participation and sponsorship. Scope/Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provides leadership and technical oversight for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with Safety, Environmental, and Quality requirements. Identifies and promotes continuous improvement in these areas.
- Responsible for the personal development and mentoring of leadership and other personnel within the plant.
- Develops and maintains personnel and investment resource plans that meet companies deliverables.
- Establishes direction and promote strategies to improve/optimize plant performance and operational cost.
- Provide clear and effective communication at all levels of the organization
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
- Promotes the utilization of effective technical networks for development and continuous improvement.
- Partners across the plant to engage, develop, and retain employees.
- Leads plant and company wide initiatives and drives best practices.
- Maintains operating and organizational policies and procedures for responsible areas.
- Personal involvement in local community to support current and future operations.
- Champion and recognize when there is a need for change
B.S. degree, Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical), Chemistry or related field preferred.
10 years manufacturing experience
5 years people leadership experience, prefer experience leading technical and non-technical teams Skills/Competencies/Attributes:
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal competencies including coaching, development, people management, influencing, facilitation, project management
• Ability to provide timely and constructive feedback to all employees
• Ability to interact and work with all levels of senior management to meet business deliverables
• Identify, manage, and champion change. Promote agility to meet business objectives
• Ability to create an inclusive environment to promote creativity and contributions from all employees
• Results orientation with the ability to make effective decisions after consideration of multiple courses of action and impact to various individuals and/or groups
• Practice candid dialogue to resolve differences of opinion and build stronger solutions
• Self initiative to identify and promote new ideas to improve team and plant performance
• Strong work ethic including honesty, integrity, and commitment to task
• Ability and understanding to address performance management issues to resolution
• Experience facilitating and establishing effective goals for direct reports and teams; completing timely and substantive reviews
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong personal computer and analytical skills
• Ideal candidate will be open to future relocation
Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Manufacturing office environment combined with plant management activities including working around agricultural chemicals and equipment
• Occasional travel and after-hours support of critical needs
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.