Operations Control Associate – GUL / GVUL Administration
Prudential Group Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a results oriented and control conscience Operations Control Associate to join our Group Universal and Group Variable Universal Life Operations Team.
The Operations Control Associate is responsible for the oversight and execution of critical controls within the Group Universal and Group Variable Universal Life operations team. This includes monitoring high risk processes, managing operational control reporting, , tracking and coordinating regulatory and compliance related activities. This position will also assist with the identification of control enhancements and the on-going review of departmental procedures to ensure compliance and regulatory guideline activities are met. May manage mid-size projects.
- Independent completion of various control reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Responsible for the presentation of findings to the Sr. Leadership level within Group Insurance.
- Responsible for the execution of various monthly and daily controls within the department including approvals, transactional review and other compliance required reporting.
- Serves as the subject matter expert and provides leadership for compliance reviews, Risk Control Self Assessments, and control processes within the department.
- Has responsibility to maintain a strong control environment within the department and takes an ownership mentality when implementing process changes to ensure sustainable controls are in place.
- Oversight of privacy processes within the department including the coordination of the annual privacy reviews, and privacy mailings on an on-going basis.
- Serves as the departmental contact for the regulatory alert process. Responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and partnering with legal and compliance to implement process changes that impact the Group Universal and Group Variable Universal Life business.
- Independently assesses and implements process changes that meet all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- 3 to 5 years Group Insurance (GI) experience with experience supporting life products and advance products such as Group Universal and Group Variable Universal Life insurance a plus.
- Subject matter expertise of GI administration platforms and supporting processes, a plus.
- 4 year college degree preferred but not required.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities while working under tight time constraints.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong critical thinking skills with the ability to navigate complex regulations and implement sustainable solutions.
- Communicating with internal customers. Communication typically relates to complex scenarios where the position is looked upon to provide input and guidance to leadership to make business decisions.
- Required licenses - FINRA Series 99 registration may be required or able to be obtained within a specific time frame; Series 6 would also be acceptable
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.