Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionDescription:
Workday is looking for an Operations Data Analyst on the Tech Business Planning and Operations team, which is responsible for strategic planning and decision support for the Infrastructure and Development organizations. This role requires a highly analytical and collaborative individual who will manage many key projects and processes to support the business operations, procurement and infrastructure teams. This role will include (but not limited to): data analytics, dashboard development and, decision modeling to support the development of long-term forecasts, strategic projects, and operational improvements. In addition, this person must have a keen eye for detail, be able to provide insights based on large (and sometimes incomplete datasets) and have an eagerness to drive change and alignment within the organization.Responsibilities:
Overall, the responsibilities will scale based on the person's experience and level of hire. This includes the following:
Skills and Experience:
- Manage data gathering, dashboard development, decision analysis, and data model building for the Business Operations team
- Collaborate with stakeholders (Infrastructure, Development, Operations and Finance) to build upon and improve ability to conduct analyses to aide in strategic decision making
- Conduct key analyses to improve how we forecast and plan for future infrastructure and hardware growth
- Develop methods to improve how we model data center and hardware growth across the organization
- Build analytical models to compare the infrastructure impact due to various technology / architecture / operational improvement options
- Aid in the development of cost/benefit analyses to build business cases for new initiatives and projects
- Develop business metrics and dashboard to facilitate real-time decision making and initiative updates
- Build/research tools to improve forecasting and planning capabilities
- Identify and drive process and technology improvement opportunities based on operational analyses
- Drive strategic initiatives from conception to execution
- 3-5 + years' experience in an operational area with focus on data analysis, financial modeling, strategic planning
- Extensive experience gathering/analyzing/validating data, developing/maintaining dashboards, and creating data models
- Proven experience in managing large datasets, developing insights from ambiguous data, and facilitating team decisions
- Working knowledge & understanding of data center/hardware technology, tech infrastructure and cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and cross-functional organizational skills
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Keen eye for continuous improvement
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with coursework in Engineering, Business/Finance or Operations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with ERP, BDA, SQL, Visio, Access a plus
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday. At Workday, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.