The Operations Division houses the Financial, Operations, Information Systems and Human Capital Departments. The Operations Intern would have the opportunity to have a hands-on learning experience as to how the Operations department handles all in-house functions. This includes assisting general administrative duties, while providing the highest level of service, as well as assisting with office sustainment operations, and mission-driven efforts. This internship is ideal for anyone entering non-profit management studies, as the Operations Intern would gain insight as to the internal workings of all aspects of IAVA's processes and systems. The Operations Intern will report to the Finance and Operations Director.
The Operations Intern will:
- Gain customer service experience by fielding caller and visitor inquiries about the organizations' mission and services.
- Learn how to coordinate and execute facilities management (manage conference room schedules and other shared spaces, vendor management, special projects related to facilities).
- Build administrative skills through inventory management and ensuring fulfillment of materials ordered
- Gain experience in the interaction with members and supporters both on and off-line
- Learn the skills necessary to deliver cross-departmental support with projects, as needed.
The Operations Intern should possess:
- Excellent time management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional, upbeat attitude
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organization and problem solving skills - solution-oriented
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Basic facility with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
A little about us:
Founded in 2004 by an Iraq veteran, IAVA is the first and largest organization for new veterans and their families.