Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications/Requirements
- Participate in design reviews and ensure engineering tools and DFSS tools are used where it applies. Ensure design guides and design rules are created, stored and utilized by the design teams
- Own and present operation reviews with the CTO of the business and the CTO of Tyco. This includes on-time, defects, patents, VA/VE activities, financial performance per project and total, CoQ, cycle time analysis and other KPI's determined by the business
- Work with the engineering teams to drive execution and improvements
- Coordinate activities with the operation/MBB leads across Tyco to ensure consistency of process improvements and control.
- Communicate with senior leadership on status and mitigation plans.
- Establish process capability for Engineering processes and be accountable for improvements in this capability according to agreed upon targets from functional management
- Establish KPI's for the business, collect and analyze data and develop improvement and audit plans.
- In conjunction with other Master Black Belts and Quality Champions, serve as a change agent in institutionalizing Lean Six Sigma quality.
- Facilitate, train, and coach the organization including Black Belts & Green Belts in the use of Lean / Six Sigma tools.
- Through completion of a training program on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools / tactics, deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability to reduce defects and improve response time while attaining world-class levels of quality.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, IT, Computer Sciences, Electronic, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of experience applying statistical tools to process improvements and quality projects
- 4+ years of engineering experience in discipline such as design, applications, product service or field service
- 3+ years management / leadership experience in an engineering environment.
- Proven track record of delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met.
- Measures processes and performance through the customer's eyes
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.